Friday, December 11, 2020

Rough Night

Last night I started getting bone pain from Neulasta. I took 400 mg Advil at 10:30 pm, Claritin at midnight, and 1000 mg Tylenol at 1:30 am. My doctor and nurse said Claritin and Tylenol would take care of the pain, but that wasn't the case. I kept waking up in pain over and over again. I'd rate it as moderate pain, not severe, but it was very uncomfortable. 

The pain wasn't in just one part of my body. One minute it would be in my left shoulder, the next in my right elbow, then in my thighs, then my lower chest, etc. Often it would be in multiple places at once.

Most of the pain eased up by morning. I called the chemo nurse and was given a prescription for Tromadol. I hope the pain doesn't come back because among Tromadol's side effects are nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Ugh. 

I spent most of the morning and early afternoon catching up on sleep. I still get occasional pain. Just now my elbow started hurting.

In the meantime, the nurse said to continue taking Claritin and Tylenol. I might take Claritin for 10 days. I'll ease off on the Tylenol once the pain stays away. Next time I'll start Claritin on chemo day instead of waiting till the next day like my instructions said.

Oh, I got a slight nosebleed this morning too. I turned on a vaporizer in my room to see if it helps.


No comments: