Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Covid and Antibodies Tests

On 12/21 I took a covid test as a requirement for my next chemo. The nurse inserted the swab way up my nose, swirled it around 10x, left the swab in my nostril for 10 seconds, then swirled it around some more before pulling it out. Yes, it was unpleasant as it sounds. That test came out negative.

On 12/28, the day of my second chemo, I was tested for covid antibodies. IgG antibodies develop 7-10 days after covid symptoms begin and remain in the blood after an infection has passed. I was negative for IgG.

IgM antibodies are produced as a body's first response to a new infection. It indicates you may have been recently infected. This afternoon I was told I was positive for IgM. I have no symptoms and hope it was just a false positive. 

But I had to take another covid test today. The nurse inserted the swab way up my nose, waited 10 seconds, then swirled it around 5x. While unpleasant, it wasn't as bad as the previous one. Unfortunately it will take 5-7 to get the test result. I really hope it comes out negative and that my friend who was helping me out doesn't get covid from me.

No comments: