Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Chemo Cycle 2

I had my second chemo yesterday. Arrived at 11:30. Didn't leave till 18:15.

First appointment was for a blood draw. At my previous blood draw, I applied Emla cream on my port 1.5 hours before the blood draw and felt the needle deep inside. This time I applied Emla 2 hours ahead of time and didn't feel the needle at all. Yay! They must have taken at least 10 vials of blood. One of the tests was for covid antibodies, and I tested negative.

Second appointment was with my doctor. She said my tumor is getting smaller and also softer. I do feel a difference.

My WBC (white blood count) is higher than normal due to Neulasta. Technically I'm not immunocompromised at the moment. But I'm also slightly anemic, possibly due to chemo or meds I'm taking.

My doc recommended taking Zofran only once a day partly to ease constipation but also because she doesn't think Taxotere causes too much nausea. I'm afraid to cut it down from 3x a day to once a day but will compromise with twice a day. Constipation is already starting. I ate some prunes with dinner.

My infusion was at 1:30. Got saline for over an hour while waiting for my meds to be prepared. Perjeta took 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes of observation. Herceptin was also 30 minutes. Taxotere didn't start till 16:45 and took one hour. It did not give me diarrhea this time. But the heartburn is back.

No comments: