Monday, June 30, 2008

Private Room

Ma was transferred to a regular room yesterday. The nurses had set aside a private room for her. All her previous rooms had been private (or semi-private but no roommate), but her new room is the biggest room in the unit. The bathroom is large enough for wheelchair users. It's nice to have connections. Did I mention I'm glad Dorothy's back? :)

Ma's pain is under control. Around breakfast time she had bad pain despite both the Toradol and Dilaudid, but Darvocet brought it under control. The rest of the day, Toradol kept her comfortable enough that she hardly used the Dilaudid (on PCA). I don't know why her doctor didn't do this kind of pain control for her after her first surgery. It would have kept her more comfortable.

Some friends visited with Ma early in the afternoon. Then Ate Vicky & Ate Beth arrived with Tita Belen and Tito Pepe. They brought dim sum. Yum! I mean, Ma said they were delicious. I wouldn't know.

No comments: