Thursday, May 6, 2021

Axillary Web Syndrome

I had an appointment this afternoon at PAMF with the physical therapist who worked on my frozen shoulder, Laurie Pepin. Looks like I have axillary web syndrome. I definitely see cording under my arm. It feels so tight when I try to raise my arm. I can't raise it above shoulder level. It's also painful, although the pain has eased up recently.

Laurie did therapeutic massage under my arm. She showed me two exercises and a massage I can do at home. I have appointments to see her weekly for the next few weeks, although I'm on the waiting list for the next two weeks. But because Laurie works exclusively with cancer patients who sometimes don't feel well enough for their appointment, she gets one cancellation per day, and I expect I'll be able to get off the waiting list. 

Also this afternoon I had an appointment at Stanford for an echocardiogram. It was a limited test and took only 10 minutes. The test usually takes 30+ minutes. This is my third echocardiogram. I get one every three months because the drugs I'm on can damage my heart.

No comments: