Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Fever

Last night I was feeling feverish, so I checked my temperature -- 99.6. Just a slight fever, but I wasn't feeling well, had body aches, felt tired and sleepy, and had the slight diarrhea. I went to bed early and was fine this morning. Well, except for the occasional slight diarrhea.  I think I will continue to have it till my infusions are done in February.

This was the first time I used my thermometer since I started cancer treatment. Even though it's milder than regular chemo, T-DM1 still has many side effects. These are the most common:

  • tiredness/fatigue
  • nausea
  • bone and joint pain
  • muscle pain
  • low blood platelet count
  • headache
  • constipation or diarrhea
  • nerve damage
  • low red blood cell count
  • low potassium levels

I'll have to remember to mention my symptoms to my doctor at my next appointment.

In other news, I've been doing my physical therapy exercises and am seeing some improvement. I got a call today from radiology about scheduling a planning session, but I have to be able to raise my arm above my head, and I'm still a long ways away from that.

My hair continues to grow and is about half an inch long. My eyebrows and eyelashes are filling out. But I continue to get many styes. I also have some swelling called chalazion. At least it's stopped hurting.

No comments: