Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Should I Get a Wheelchair?

Chemo #2 Day 14

Didn't visit Ma today, but she says she ate a lot of small meals, including a whole corn-on-a-cob. Her appetite is good. Her doctor prescribed Megace to help with her appetite, but she's taken it only once. That was two days ago. It helped, but she said it made her food taste mediciney (is that a word?).

I want to get Ma a comfortable chair for use at home -- either a recliner or a rocking chair. She wants to try it out first before purchasing, but we don't think she can manage the walk from the Costco entrance to the cashier area. So now I'm thinking of getting her a wheelchair. Medicare will provide a chair, but I understand it's heavy (40 lbs.). I want to get a lightweight chair. This one has good reviews and is only 15 lbs.

I've added a poll to the right. Please vote. Can you recommend a wheelchair? Should I even get one?

No comments: