Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Chemo #3

I had Chemo #3 today. I've switched from Taxotere to Taxol. One difference is that I don't have to take meds at home to prep for the chemo. But for Taxol, I was given premeds: 8 mg Zofran, 20 mg dexamethasone, Pepcid AC, and Benadryl. The Zofran was in pill form. The rest were IV and were given to prevent allergic reactions to Taxol. 

The Benadryl made me somewhat drowsy for a couple of hours but not terribly no. Nothing like how I feel when I take the non-drowsy formula of Dramamine. It makes me very drowsy, and all I want to do is sleep.

My WBC has gone down from 32 to 10. I'm surprised it dropped so much in just four days.

Nausea from Taxol is supposed to be milder. I may not get nausea at all. My doctor and chemo nurse both suggested waiting till I feel sick before taking Zofran at home. But I don't know if I'm brave enough to wait. I don't want to experience any nausea at all, not even mild.

Instead of fasting for four days when I had chemo every three weeks, I've modified my fast to 2.5 days, including 24 hours after chemo infusion ends. My modified fasting diet yesterday was supposed to consist of butternut squash soup only. But I cheated and had a few nuts and seeds and olives to help me feel full from the fat content.

Today I'm doing a water-only fast, although I hadn't planned on doing so. I was hungry earlier this afternoon but not tonight. I'll see if I can continue till 3pm tomorrow drinking water only.

No comments: