Thursday, September 4, 2008

Need a Commode

Chemo #4 Day 2

Ma was supposed to receive a commode at the same time her hospital bed was delivered in July. For some reason, she never got the commode. I won't go into the gross details, but she needs one now. I will say that she's being good about drinking a lot of water. I told Pa to follow up on the commode tomorrow. He'd been told before that it'll take 4-6 weeks. That doesn't make sense. I'm hoping that if he calls tomorrow morning, that one can be delivered by late afternoon.

Ma wanted to go out for dim sum today, but I told her it wasn't a good idea because she just had chemo. So I got her some items to go -- shrimp siu mai, chives dumplings, shrimps wrapped in tofu, another shrimp dish wrapped in noodles (I think I got too much shrimp) and sesame balls. Ma tried one of each. I think she likes having a variety. Next time I'll get something that doesn't have shrimp.

No comments: