Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Follow-up Visit

Chemo #4 Day 15

My cousins Nancy, Lorna & Maggie and their mother Tita Daling (Pa's 2nd cousin) drove up to visit Ma. We went to Andrea Foods in Vallejo for lunch. My classmate Joji saw me while I was in line. We got tons of food, but she charged only $40. Plus she gave us extras like desserts and drinks. The food was good, and we all ate too much. Ma seemed energized with all the food and attention.

Later that afternoon, we went to the oncologist for a follow-up visit. I told Dr. Irwin that Ma didn't have her usual side effects after the last round of chemo -- no mouth sores, no leg pain, and no loss of appetite. It's almost like she didn't get any chemo at all. Her platelet count is up from when she was in the hospital last week.

The next step is to see the radiation oncologist next week. We're still waiting to hear from the gynecologist about Ma's biopsy results.

No comments: