Sunday, June 20, 2021

Acupuncture

I started acupuncture last week for my frozen shoulder and have had two sessions so far. The doctor starts out by manipulating my shoulder and elbow joints. He does it very slowly and gently. Sometimes he does it with his eyes closed, as if he's meditating. I keep thinking he's falling asleep.

Next step is inserting the needles. He doesn't want to put them in my shoulder because it's the same side as my surgery. Instead he uses my left leg, just three needles in my lower leg. It doesn't hurt when he inserts them. Then he leaves me for a while after instructing me to do some stretches.

The only difference I've seen so far is that my arm can reach a little higher. I don't know if it's due to acupuncture or the physical therapy I continue to do once a week. I still can't raise my arm sideways beyond shoulder level.

No comments: