Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Chemo #6

I had my 4th round of Taxol yesterday along with Herceptin and Perjeta. My appointment for blood draw was at 7:10 AM, which meant I had to get up at 5 AM to EMLA cream on my port to numb up the area.

Again I managed to get a private room for my infusion. My appointment started at 8:10. It didn't take long for the pharmacy to prepare my drugs this time. By 9:20 I was hooked up to Perjeta. That took 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes of observation. Herceptin also took 30 minutes. Taxol started at 11:00 and was done an hour later. 

Before being discharged, I had to take two potassium pills because my potassium level was below normal due to diarrhea. The potassium pills were huge! Horse pills! And I have trouble swallowing pills in the first place. The first pill took me only two attempts to swallow. The second pill took four attempts. By that time it had disintegrated, and I was able to add a bit of water to the cup that held it and swallow it. Thank goodness it didn't taste too bitter.

Taking Pepcid twice a day improved my appetite, and I managed to gain a pound since Friday. I was at 97 lbs. yesterday morning. My WBC is below normal. I'm definitely immunocompromised now. My RBC is also below normal, making me anemic. 

My friend Sindhu gave me a ride at 6:30 AM. Cousin Nancy gave me a ride home. Thanks, ladies!

No comments: